Every age group from Reception to Year 6 will take part in PE.
During our PE lessons we cover the sports listed below which falls in line with the National Curriculum for PE. Each activity is separated into one of four categories: games, gym, dance or general.
- Cross country
- Health and fitness
- Agility, Balance, Coordination (ABC’s)
All of our PE is underpinned by the principles of Agility, Balance and Co-ordination.
Activities covered in after-academy sports clubs
The activities below are after-academy clubs which children can sign up to free of charge. These activities were chosen because they are the tournaments that we most frequently enter, so children are given the best chance to practise:
- Multi Sports
Recent sporting success
St Ursula’s enter tournaments organised through Wesport (The West of England Sport Trust) for key stage 2 children. We have had representation in numerous tournaments throughout the year as we work towards achieving Silver in the School Games Award.
- 8 May 2017 – Year 5 and 6 football tournament (finished third in group)
- 8 May 2017 – Shine Early Years and key stage 1 football tournament for St Ursula’s children
- 28 April 2017 – Year 3 and 4 gym competition bronze medal
- 28 April 2017 – Year 5 and 6 gym competition (fifth place)
- 30 March 2017 -Year 5 rugby tournament (finished third in group)
- 17 March 2017 – Year 4 netball (tournament winners)
- 3 March 2017 – Swimming gala (first time competing)
- 27 February 2017 – Shine key stage 1 dodgeball tournament for Year 2 children
- Various dates – Year 5 netball team competing in fixtures and tournaments with large success
“I like playing netball because it is fun, healthy and I get to play with my friends. I have also improved my skills this year.”