Every age group from Reception to Year 6 will take part in PE.
During our PE lessons we cover the sports listed below which falls in line with the National Curriculum for PE. Each activity is separated into one of four categories: games, gym, dance or general.
- Cross country
- Health and fitness
- Agility, Balance, Coordination (ABC’s)
All of our PE is underpinned by the principles of Agility, Balance and Co-ordination.
Activities covered in after-academy sports clubs
The activities below are after-academy clubs which children can sign up to free of charge. These activities were chosen because they are the tournaments that we most frequently enter, so children are given the best chance to practise:
You can view the after school sports clubs available in 2017 /2018 here.
Sports Achievements 2017/18
- School Games Mark Gold level accreditation
- North Bristol year 5&6 netball winners
- Year 5&6 county netball 3rd place
- Year 3&4 county tennis winners
- Year 5&6 Cricket County Finalists
- 16 Level 2 school games competitions attended
- 20 individual fixtures VS local schools
- 143 different children represented the school in fixtures and competitions
- 203 children attended after school sports clubs
- Every child in the school took part in at least one internal sports event
- Established seven school-to-club links with local sports clubs
“I like playing netball because it is fun, healthy and I get to play with my friends. I have also improved my skills this year.”