Rob Allan- Regional PE Coordinator
Mr Allan is the PE Coordinator for our North Bristol Academies, working with both St Ursula’s and Badocks Wood. His role is to manage the PE staff in both schools and provide leadership and training on all curricular and extra-curricular sports matters.
A brief background of Mr Allan’s experience is below:
- Graduated in Leisure Management and Sports Studies in 2002.
- Has a long CV in sports development and has been coaching and teaching sport since 2002 in the USA, Australia and UK.
- Numerous sports coaching qualifications in many sports such as football, rugby, dodgeball, rock-it-ball and golf.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- Sports tutor qualified in football, golf and community sports leadership.
Oliver Philip- Lead Sports Coach
Mr Philip is well known to children and parents alike at St Ursula’s and has been coaching sport since 2009. He comes from a strong rugby background but is well skilled in most sports. Mr Philip leads on the delivery of all curricular and extra-curricular sport and is passionate about giving as many children as possible the opportunity to play and enjoy sport as much as he has. Mr Philip’s impressive bio is:
- B-Tec Level 3 extended diploma in sport.
- Coaching/teaching sport since 2009.
- Several rugby qualifications including level 2 and International Rugby Board accredited.
- Sports coaching qualifications in many other sports including fencing, archery and Tchoukball and football.
- Played semi-pro national league rugby.
Maria Bellavia– Sports Apprentice
Miss Bellavia joined the PE team in September 2018 as an apprentice undertaking a Level 3 sports apprenticeship. Maria comes from a netball and swimming background and still plays competitive netball. Further information on Miss Bellavia is shown below:
- Currently undertaking a Level 3 apprenticeship in ‘Support the Delivery of PE and School Sport’.
- Previously attended SGS where she completed a BTEC in Sport and an NCFE in Sport.
- Has played competitive netball to a high level since her school days.