Oliver Philip- Lead Sports Coach/ PE Co-ordinator
Mr Philip is well known to children and parents alike at St Ursula’s and has been coaching sport since 2009. He comes from a strong rugby background but is well skilled in most sports. Mr Philip leads on the delivery of all curricular and extra-curricular sport and is passionate about giving as many children as possible the opportunity to play and enjoy sport as much as he has. Mr Philip’s impressive bio is:
- B-Tec Level 3 extended diploma in sport.
- Coaching/teaching sport since 2009.
- Several rugby qualifications including level 2 and International Rugby Board accredited.
- Sports coaching qualifications in many other sports including fencing, archery and Tchoukball and football.
- Played semi-pro national league rugby.
Emma Rioch- Sports Apprentice
Miss Rioch joined the PE team in September 2019 as an apprentice undertaking a Level 3 sports apprenticeship. Emma comes from a varied sporting background with particular interests in Football and Basketball. Further information on Miss Rioch is shown below:
- Currently undertaking a Level 3 apprenticeship in ‘Support the Delivery of PE and School Sport’.
- FA Level 1 in Football and Futsal Coaching
- Completed BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport with Bristol City Community Trust
- 3 years of experienced coaching undertaken at Bristol City Community Trust – girls and boys ages 6 – 11
George Davey – PE Coach
Mr Davey has a background in cricket, football and golf and will deliver PE lessons and extra-curricular sessions with a focus on year 3&4 participation. Beginning his coaching journey in 2013 Mr Davey has acquired an array of qualifications as listed below:
- Degree in Sports Coaching at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- B-Tec Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport.
- Level 1 coaching qualifications in both football and cricket.